Windows Defender, the in-built antivirus program is by default available for use to protect Windows 10 systems from Malwares, Spywares, and Viruses. However, the Windows Defender improved new version can provide pretty good firewall protection and on-demand scan from malware; still, many of the users want to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10 home because like other anti-malware systems, Windows Defender cannot be guaranteed that the system will never be infected with Viruses, Malware, and Spywares. Also, it only protects the operating system at an average level and not like other specialized software.
Therefore, if you are also one from those who want to disable Windows Defender and want to install another antivirus in order to increase the safety and security of your O.S but are stuck because you don’t know how to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
In this case, you can try all the below-given methods in order to know what works best for you in order to turn off Windows Defender from Windows 10. Let’s have a look on all the given three solutions to remove or disable Windows defender:
Solution One: Turn off Window Defender in Windows 10 from the Control Panel:
- To start with, press and hold together ‘Windows key + I’ to open Windows ‘Settings’
- Windows-settings looks out for Windows ‘Security App’ in order to open it.
- Then under Windows security settings choose ‘Virus and Threat’ protection.
- Once done with that, search for the option ‘Manage Settings’ and click on it.
- After that, on the right panel, you’ll see the ‘Real-Time Protection’ toggle switch and what you need to do, hit on that ‘ON-OFF’ button to finally turn off your Windows Defender’s real-time protection from Windows 10.
Solution Two: Disable Windows Defender with the help of Registry Editor:
- To take help of ‘Registry Editor’ you need to open it and to do that follow these below-given steps-
- Press and hold together ‘Win + R’ and open ‘Run Dialog’ box
- Then you need to type ‘Regedit’ in that ‘Run Dialog’ box
- Doing so will open the Registry Editor after you give permission to ‘User Account Control’ to open it by clicking ‘Yes’.
- Once the Registry Editor is open, in that next you need to open ‘Windows Defender’.
- Then under ‘Windows Defender’ look at the right panel and search for ‘DWORD (32-Bit) Value’
- After you find it, you need to name it as ‘Disable Antispyware’
- Then click on ‘Enter’ and after that to change the value of the newly created ‘DWORD’ from 0 to 1, double-click on that.
- And at last, select ‘Ok’ to finally apply and save all the changes.
- Additionally, also reboot your Operating System to ensure that you’ve made the changes correctly.
Solution Three: Use Local Group Policy Editor to Permanently Delete Windows Defender:
- On the first basis what you need to do is open ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing and holding together ‘Windows key + R’
- Then, I need to open the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ type ‘gpedit.msc’ in that ‘Run Dialog Box’.
- After you opened the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’, what you need to do now is go to ‘Windows Defender Antivirus’ by navigating through ‘Computer configuration ’,‘ Administrative templates’ and ‘Windows components’
- Once reached to ‘Windows Defender Antivirus’, look at the right panel and search for ‘Turn off Windows Defender’
- After that in the ‘Turn off Windows Defender’ option, you need to click on the ‘Enabled Box’ in order to disable Windows Defender Antivirus permanently.
- That’s it! Now select ‘Next’, then ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’ to save all the changes made.
- Lastly, to check whether all the changes are applied properly or not, restart your system again.
Solution Four: Install other Software ‘Third-Party Antivirus’ On Windows 10:
In-built Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 is basically set up to detect other antivirus protection software and once it will detect other antivirus programs, it will automatically disable to avoid conflicts with that third-party antivirus program software on your computer. This way, only the Windows Defender firewall has been left to work on your computer.
Therefore, without having much trouble related to steps and procedures; with this solution, you can easily remove Windows Defender antivirus protection software from your Windows 10 home. However, if you want to permanently turn off, you can use any of the above-mentioned methods.
And, in case you are still not able to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10 home, what you can do is visit “getassist.net”. It is the technical website and its technical team will help you with all your technical requirements needs and issues.
Also know, how to fix error 0xc000007b in Windows 10